Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scapes

Scapes

I love setting up my Cuddebacks over my mock scrapes. Even though almost all my pics are from nighttime visits, it still lets me know whats running around on the property.CDY_0035.jpg

Super Moderator
    i start mock scrapes as soon as velvet is shed and it works very well to gain inventory of what bucks are in the area, i have found deer use licking branches all year

i read that bucks will visit scrapes from the previous year all through the summer months, they use their orbital gland to leave a scent and see what other deer are around...i bought some of this gland lure(kind of expensive) and the first night i had it out i already had a buck sniffing it

What do you use for scents, while making the mock scrapes? I've never made one, so I would like to try it.

I use Active scrape from Wildlife Research. bearman

CB17.jpgEnjoy put'n the cam over a scrape makes for some good pics!

People at home think I'm crazy and don't beleive me about how I get a lot of my pictures on scrapes, but I'll urinate in the scrape or use new car smell from the auto store! I don't know what it is about it, but I've got'n pictures and video of some big deer coming and check'n it out and then they'll fresh'n it up.

CB1.jpgCB14.jpgCB16.jpgHere are a few that I've got'n off the scrapes I've freshened up!

I have heard of people making mock scrapes with their own urine before, sounds crazy but i guess it works.

I was skeptical at first but I tell ya so far its the best thing you can do to get pictures when the deer start make'n em. The new car smell spray was also mind blow'n because it just seems to go against what we are all brought to believe when it comes to scents. I mean don't get me wrong... I do everything possibly know to man to keep my scent down, but I tried these tactics in areas I only shed hunt in and I was amazed at the results I got.