+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scapes

a few years ago we had a primary scrape on our property where I could put my camera out. Over the course of a year I got over 20 different bucks including some real bruisers. I'm not sure that we ever shot a single one of the deer that were caught on film, but it sure got our hopes up! Another thing to note, hardly any does came to the scrape location and if they did I never got many pictures of them 'at' the scrape. That winter a huge tree fell and changed the travel pattern and the scrape went dead... I'm still looking for another similar one. Maybe I should try and mock one up!

~Nim

True story.....I have a few very nice scrapes along a field on our property. I decided to try a scrape dripper over a mock scrape. I did so and let it drip out over the course of two weeks with no attention from what I could tell from the bucks working the active scrapes. I applied a Code Blue Grave Digger Mock Scrape pack to the mock scrape...nothing still. Just this past week I got out of my stand on the way out of the woods and urinated in the mock scrape. Acouple of days later I check the mock scrape and low and behold I have some activity. It doesn't make any sense (given all our efforts to mask our human odor in the woods) but I guess there is something to this. It's crazy.

In 2011 I found couple scraps and put the camera on a camera stand out in the open pointed at the scrape. Got one picture and after that everything stayed away. This past season I stood on the back of my UTV and hung the camera up high pointed down. Worked like a charm, got lots of nice pictures and the deer never seemed to notice the camera. Since then when ever I use the camera stands I try to blend them into small trees or bushes so the camera will not stand out too much.

I added a branch and got some more active photos of them at the scrapes

11-3-2013 (2).jpg11-3-2013 (4).jpg11-4-2013 (1).jpg11-4-2013 (2).jpg11-6-2013 (1).jpg

11-19-2013 (3).jpg

I got the same amount of activity with out the branch as I did with it just had more interactive photos with the branch.

10-1-2013 (8).jpg10-7-2013 (5).jpg10-7-2013 (8).jpg10-13-2013 (2).jpg10-13-2013 (3).jpg

+ Reply to Thread