Thread: Cuddeback G Series

Cuddeback G Series

What is the video resolution? Do they film in SD or HD? Sound or no sound?

Wow. You would think in 6 days someone from Cuddeback could answer a simple question about a Cuddeback camera on the Cuddetalk forum.

You'd think...

I think I angered the Cuddeback gods with everything I said about their junk solar panel system. I can't even get a response to a Facebook message about this. Too bad. The Cuddelink system is a game changer, the cameras are as good if not better than anything else offered.

I haven't even found the answer to your questions in my book, etc on the G series I've got. I don't do video, so haven't even looked at what video looks like. When I get time, might set one to do some video and see.

Quote Originally Posted by joe7039 View Post
    G & J models do 1280 X 720 HD video with your choice of 10, 20 or 30 seconds duration and do have sound. The sound isn't very good though with an annoying background noise somewhat like an old film projector. The frame rate is 8 frames/second for night and 16 frame/second for daylight so they have a bit of a jerky, non-fluid motion. The file sizes are very small in comparison to other more sophisticated video cams so they are very efficient as far as SD card storage and adequate for scouting purposes but not good for 'National Geographic' type filming.

Videos are to large to be transmitted over the Cuddelink network efficiently, so the video option is not even available in the menus while you have CL activated (Home, Remote, Repeater). You have to turn off CL in the menus to get the option for videos.

Quote Originally Posted by joe7039 View Post
    G & J models do 1280 X 720 HD video with your choice of 10, 20 or 30 seconds duration and do have sound. The sound isn't very good though with an annoying background noise somewhat like an old film projector. The frame rate is 8 frames/second for night and 16 frame/second for daylight so they have a bit of a jerky, non-fluid motion. The file sizes are very small in comparison to other more sophisticated video cams so they are very efficient as far as SD card storage and adequate for scouting purposes but not good for 'National Geographic' type filming.

Videos are too large to be transmitted over the Cuddelink network efficiently, so the video option is not even available in the menus while you have CL activated (Home, Remote, Repeater). You have to turn off CL in the menus to get the option for videos.

Thank you very much for the info.