Thread: Cuddelink J1415

Hybrid View

Cuddelink J1415

If everything I've read so far is true this camera is 9 volts and there is currently no battery pack or solar option available. It seems to me unless you're emptying your pockets buying 48 lithium batteries (I have 4 cameras) then going out and changing batteries every 6-12 weeks kind of defeats the purpose of the Cuddelink system doesn't it? You would think it would be a better marketing strategy to have the accessories available when the camera was released. I suppose with some ingenuity the solar chargers I have with 12 volt battery back ups could be modified with a 9 volt regulator since there's a port on the back of the camera for solar.

They are releasing a solar panel this spring/summer. And I believe a battery pack that will plug into the J series that will also allow you to plug the solar panel into it. I await more info as well.
    20 cuddeback cameras of many models
    2 stealth cam
    2 uway

We will have a D battery pack for the J cameras released this summer. We are also coming out with a solar panel for the CuddeLink J series as well and our current testing has been over 2 years of battery life and still going when running the solar panel and that's in northern Wisconsin.

I'm impatient and took the 12 volt regulator out of my HME solar chargers and soldered in a constant 9 volt regulator. That along with a 4.0x1.7 mm adaptor plug and all 4 of my Cuddelink J1415 are currently running on solar.

IMG_4259.jpgIMG_4260.jpg
    Last edited by joe7039; 03-12-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Can you explain?

Quote Originally Posted by joe7039 View Post
    I'm impatient and took the 12 volt regulator out of my HME solar chargers and soldered in a constant 9 volt regulator. That along with a 4.0x1.7 mm adaptor plug and all 4 of my Cuddelink J1415 are currently running on solar.

IMG_4259.jpgIMG_4260.jpg
    How to do this modification to a solar charger? I really need to change mine since batteries don't last but about 2 months it seems in the cuddelink system. That's with lithium AA batteries! Need a way to get them going on solar.
    Thanks-

We now have our D Battery Adapter available for the J Series. By running this adapter it should almost double the battery life on the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by FactoryRep19 View Post
    We now have our D Battery Adapter available for the J Series. By running this adapter it should almost double the battery life on the camera.
    Where is this available? How much is it?

It's available on our website http://www.cuddeback.com/shop cost is $25

What type of D cell batteries are recommended for use in this, NiMH rechargeable?