Thread: Cuddelink external battery?

Cuddelink external battery?

From everything I've read on the cuddelinks I see no mention of being external battery capable, is this correct? While I love the concept of the cuddelink and doing my research before diving in and buying several. From my reading the cuddelinks eat batteries and not having to go in to change cards but having to go in to frequently change batteries takes a lot of that advantage away. My thought was being able to put these in areas like sanctuaries, bedding areas, etc and not going in but maybe once every 12 months or so.

The Cuddelink Model 1361 has an external port for 9 volt DC input and works fine with the CuddePower which holds 6 D cells... http://www.cuddeback.com/accessories/cuddepower
    I don't know if a 6 or 12 volt lead/acid battery hookup would work or not though. I did have to get the longer connectors for the Cuddelink though because the original connector for the C model cameras was just a hair too short.

Another accessory to look at for the Cuddelinks are the PowerHouse flashes! I got the red model and it is the bomb! That thing is powerful enough (4 capacitors driving it) to stop my motion on the run at 15 feet with 1/250th second shutter speeds! Not that this old geezer can run all that fast anymore, but it will kick motion blur in the tail.
    Last edited by FredG; 01-09-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks for the info Fred. I was hoping the Cuddepower would work with the cuddelinks but it didn't appear it would. And I'm with you on the running. Haven't had anything big enough chasing me to make me run in awhile.

Just to make sure that there's no misunderstanding...

The G Models (Dual Flash... 1361, 11407) do have the external power port for the CuddePower.
    The J Models (J-1414, J-1422) don't look to have the external power port. However, they are powered by 12 AA's and I would think lithium batteries would give pretty respectable run time on those.

Thanks again Fred for sharing your knowledge. I use nothing but lithium batteries anymore. Definitely worth the extra expense in my opinion. I've had cams out for over a year straight on 1 set of batteries with them.

We will have multiple accessories for the CuddeLink cameras in 2018. We will have a Solar Panel kit that will be out this summer that works with both CuddeLink models. We have tested battery life to over 2 years when running the Solar Panel kit with proper ambient light. We will also have a D battery pack that is compatible with the J series CuddeLink cameras. This D battery pack would replace the 12AA battery pack and more than doubles the battery life versus AA batteries. We still have the CuddePower as well that is compatible with the G Series (Dual Flash cameras).

Will you be able to use the solar panel in conjunction with the D battery pack or only one at a time? Staying out of these areas as much as possible is important to me. Thanks for the info. Look forward to running some of these this fall.

The solar panel would hook up to a AA booster that would than hook into the CuddeLink cameras.

My Cuddelink J1415 has an external power port on the back. Will the Cuddepower 3358 work with this camera?
    Attached Images Attached Images

No the CuddeLink J-1415 does not work with the CuddePower.