Thread: Which Bear Safe

Which Bear Safe

My wife bought me a Cuddeback Extended Range IR 20mp for Christmas to replace the one the bear tore up when I thought I could sneak it out just one night and put the box on the next day! Not smarter than the average bear! But she tried to go back to Cabelas to get the bear safe for my birthday a few days later and they gave her some story about the number on the bottom of the box and the numbers not being on the camera itself, blah blah blah. Well I looked at the product line and thought I had it figured out but then I got confused! So while still in my right mind, can anyone tell me which box goes with this camera??? I'll be here drinking a cold beer waiting!!! Thanks!

Well no replies here, I surfed Cabelas site and got to the camera and then to comments then to Q&A and saw some one asked the same question, Does this camera use F series Cuddesafe? One person answered but second had Cuddeback logo leaning toward this was a company rep. They said no it is CE series for the Extended Range IR 20 MP Camera. So back in the car and off to the next closest Cabelas. Short story, first clerk tried to sell me a box not even close, but it was the last one!!! Then tried to explain how although that camera is tall and thin will fit in this wider and shorter box!!! Then tried to ask about which size and had camera in hand. He contradicted the "supposed" rep on their site and said it is the F series. Had pow wow with three employees and walked out as confused as before. Just wanted to see a box to make sure was getting the right one. Ended up Cabelas had none nor does Cuddeback so if you are looking order now, I ordered one on line and once it is in hand I'll pass on where I got it!!!! LOL This happened the last time I bought two Cuddeback cameras and only had one box. That camera was ripped in half by a nice bruin!!!

Just in case anyone is reading this, here is the rest of the story!!! Well after several hours on the road visiting Cabela's and trying to get a Cuddesafe, birthday present, for my Christmas present, ****'s Sporting Goods saved the day. I just got it in and it fit great and I was ready to put it up in the morning. Having the safe on order and desperately holding back doing a lot with the camera, I did register it on line for the warranty. Well I set the new camera, safe and batteries on the kitchen counter as my wife fixed dinner watching me enjoy my presents. That enjoyment quickly went down hill when I installed new batteries and nothing happened!!!!! I triple checked polarity and connections and got a second brand new pack of Duracell and changed batteries with same result, nothing. Never had this issue, maybe I got the one in a million, but change of plans and will spend another couple hours on the road tomorrow in my truck to go try to get one that works. I still love my Cuddeback cameras, just disappointed, it is a mechanical device that can fail. ON the other bright side if they are sold out of the cameras and someone needs a safe I will give you a great deal!!!!!!!! LOL

Another 2 hours to Cabela's to try and exchange new camera. Was told they had no more in stock after checking computer, but by checking the shelf I found two more. Of course these did not have the 16 GB SD card with it like the one I had received and was the same price. However Cabela's without hesitation through in a card to make it good. I went to the truck and put in the batteries and I'll be dog, it came on!!! I set the date and time and went right back inside to thank the lady at the customer service desk once again for their help and to let her know that it was working, or at least came on like it should. I didn't want her waking up in the middle of the night wondering if this one worked!!! LOL But this has been a long trip to this point. Now to get it out in the field. I failed to mention (seems like I got censored on the place but if you can figure it out the cuddesafe for this model was on sale from 39.99 to 19.99!!!! In case you are wondering before I put this to bed, would this experience deter me from purchasing Cuddeback in the future????? NO WAY!!! Still an awesome camera!!!!!!

Enjoyed following your exploits Clint! For that price I think I'm gonna grab one myself!