Thread: CuddleLink

CuddleLink

Anyone have experience with the CuddeLink system? Love the concept, just not sure if to spring on it. Pretty pricey, but if it works it might just be worth it. How many cameras can be run in series? How many cameras can be linked to any one camera besides the home camera? Do you assign specific cameras to link to or does the network figure that out? Again, love the concept, but want to fully understand before making such a large purchase. Any insight from a current user is appreciated!
    Last edited by Wiley-BRCM; 10-22-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Sorry for the typo in the message title... (eom)

Wish the forum title could be edited too. . .

I just have several weeks into my system, but I'm loving it so far.
    You can run 16 cams on one network on a single channel. (including the Home unit)
    The network figures itself out, you just go out, fire up the cams & verify signal, then arm them.

I'm using 5 of the J-1415 cameras with 1 of them on my front porch monitoring the driveway.
    My usual routine is to swap the Home card on my way out the door to work in the morning, then sometimes again in the evening right before I head out to hunt.
    I can see signal strength, battery levels and all the thumbnail pics on the remote cams & full size images the home unit takes.

Out back I have 35 acres & 4 of the cams out there. It's 1/2 mile deep by 1/8th mile wide. Cams are 2/3rds of the way back.
    Zero connection issues, but the cams are battery hogs.
    The J-1415's take 12 AA batteries. I'm using NiMH rechargables.

After calculations, the thumbnail images run about 1/4 megapixel and full size run 15-20 megapixel.
    The thumbnail pics are what bounce up to the home unit & full size are stored on the SD card in each camera.
    They are decent enough to see what's what but I do wish you could change the setting to a little larger file size.
    These are only 14kb to 19kb in size.

I'm 7 weeks into the batteries & they are still reading "OK".
    I am using 2400mAh Nickel Metal Hydride Rayovac Plus LSD's.
    The 4 out back are on bait stations & have gotten about 3000 pics so far.

I am patiently waiting for the home unit that plugs into your PC to get released.
    Currently I just step out on the porch & swap cards, then plug it into a tablet or the PC.

Anybody else running this system? I am impressed so far. Super convenient to stay up on the latest without having to trek out back & spread your scent around.

I'm using 4 of the J1415 on my property. I've had them out for about 2 months and using just Rayovac Alkaline they all still read ok. Mine are all spaced about 1/8 mile apart and I love the idea of just checking one camera, my home camera is about 50 yards out my back door. Like you I'm patiently waiting on the Home Plus too.