Thread: Firmware for Ambush, Attack Black Flash and New C3 Black Flash

Unhappy Firmware for Ambush, Attack Black Flash and New C3 Black Flash

Hi Folks,

It looks like Cuddeback has changed their website recently...used to have a support page showing the various types of Cuddeback cameras and the firmware it would require and the updated features the upgraded firmware supported. Not any more!!! I have an old Ambush Cam and Attack Black Flash plus a bunch of newer C3 Black Flash Cameras that can be updated. I thought the most recent upgrade by firmware for the Ambush would allow for SD cards of up to 8 GB...but now I can find the web link that Cuddeback provided a few weeks ago before they changes "Support".

Their support doesn't allow for a detailed question by email either....just a generalized area you have a question and a number they can call you in 1-2 days...not the customer support I have grown to depend on...

Any ideas on how to pull what firmware to use on the older Cuddebacks (Ambush (white flash and Attack Black Flash)?

Please and thanks.

Kevin

I see a support page with their firmware updates on it.

http://www.cuddeback.com/support
    http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

http://nantucketwaterfrontnews.blogspot.com/

Covert Reveal
    M-100
    Little Acorn 521MM
    119466C
    Cudde Capture (Finally died after two years of service)
    D55
    D55IR
    M-80XT STOLEN
    M-80X
    Covert Black 60
    W6E

Thanks Nantucket...saw that has three firmware updates...one for C,E, G cameras (so this will work for my C3 Black Flash); one for F-Series cameras; and one for F-Pro cameras. Which one will work on my Attack IR?

Thanks

Kevin

Oooops...one more thing Nantucket....I have an older Ambush white flash camera...it takes up to a 2 GB card with current firmware...I remember reading that the firmware update for this one can use up to a 8GB card....but that was before Cuddeback changed their website and I can't find that description any more...so I'm wondering of the three firmware updates now available which one would be appropriate for the Ambush? Thanks.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Rack&Spur View Post
    Thanks Nantucket...saw that has three firmware updates...one for C,E, G cameras (so this will work for my C3 Black Flash); one for F-Series cameras; and one for F-Pro cameras. Which one will work on my Attack IR?

Thanks

Kevin
    You're right Kevin, the firmware file for your C3 is included in the file that you found so you're good to go there, but the most recent firmware for your older Ambush and Attack cameras is not one of the others in that same file. What you're looking for is firmware v.3.1.0 released on 7/01/2013. Unfortunately, like you, I can no longer find that update page along with the specific instructions. For that update there were two different downloads that you had to choose from depending upon the firmware version currently loaded in your camera. So to be on the safe side you will need to call Customer Support at (920) 347-3810 and request the update file and instructions via email (same version for both Attack and Ambush) that is appropriate for the firmware versions currently loaded in your cameras.

It's well worth the effort to call because both cameras will perform much better and have several new features once you upgrade. Don't forget to also ask for the updated manual so you know what has changed and how to use the new features.
    Last edited by FredG; 10-17-2017 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rack&Spur View Post
    Oooops...one more thing Nantucket....I have an older Ambush white flash camera...it takes up to a 2 GB card with current firmware...I remember reading that the firmware update for this one can use up to a 8GB card....but that was before Cuddeback changed their website and I can't find that description any more...so I'm wondering of the three firmware updates now available which one would be appropriate for the Ambush? Thanks.

Kevin
    Thanks Fred...Both older cameras do pretty well still and one of the updates will allow me to use the 8GB SD card in the Ambush...currently using the 2GB card which are obsolete. Appreciate your response and guidance.

Kevin

I thought there was a recent capture update so the year would display correctly and also accept larger cards. In was going to update 2 today but also cannot find firmware.
    20 cuddeback cameras of many models
    2 stealth cam
    2 uway

Quote Originally Posted by roadrageror View Post
    I thought there was a recent capture update so the year would display correctly and also accept larger cards. In was going to update 2 today but also cannot find firmware.
    I think there is one for the Capture date display problem but it is an "on request" file. You need to call the Cuddeback support number to request the file. Did you get your other cameras updated OK?