Thread: Too Many Images

Too Many Images

I have an E2 camera and the first two weeks it was installed it took over 42,000 images most of them were a weed moving. It filled up the 16GB SD card and I cannot even re-format nor delete the images, that's one of two problems.

The second is too many non-animal photos. This is in a small opening and I have re-positioned the camera three time without success of too many non-animal photos. The are is surrounded with Chinese Alders and the photo triggers with the whisper of a breeze. I have narrowed the image field without any change. I want to capture the feeder animals, but some don't stay too long so I don't want to delay too long between images. It doesn't seem to matter whether it is daylight or dark, ther's just a lot of movement of plants in the area. Any Suggestions?

Are you absolutely positive that you haven't mistakenly turned on the time-lapse function?

Quote Originally Posted by FredG View Post
    Are you absolutely positive that you haven't mistakenly turned on the time-lapse function?
    I'm never sure of anything until I double check myself LOL. I'll check that when I return to the lease, thank you for the tip.

You don't necessarily have to go out to the lease to check the camera's settings. If you have a recent picture taken by the camera on your computer you can check what settings were activated at the time by inspecting the properties of the picture (exif info). To do this, select the icon of a picture and right click. Select "Properties" from the fly-out menu and then select the "Details" tab. Look for the "Comments" field and select it so that you can read the contents of that field. It should look something like this (the specifics will surely vary on yours and will also be a little different if it is a day or night picture):

MR=C.1,AD=1/29/2016,LD=248,BT=17,RD=59,LH=0,LI=31011,BL=6282,BP=9 9%,BD=20,BI=1415,CF=Enabled,EX=Centered,ID=2,SM=AD V,DD=FAP,DI=1,DV=OFF,DL=OFF,ND=FAP,NI=1,NV=OFF,NL= OFF

This is an exhaustive list of the menu parameters that you had chosen and the state of the camera at the time each picture was taken. What you're looking for is DL=OFF (daylight time-lapse) and NL=OFF (night time-lapse). That will indicate that for sure the time-lapse is not on.

The following list is not "official" from Cuddeback, it's just what I have figured out that the entries mean

AD=Activation Date (date camera was first activated and start of 2 yr warranty)
    LD=Elapsed Days (total number of days since activation of the camera)
    BT=Battery Terminations (total number of times the battery power has been interrupted)
    RD=Run Days (total days the camera has been armed and running)
    LH=Lifetime Time-Lapse Hours (total number of hours in time-lapse mode)
    LI=Lifetime Images (total number of images the camera has taken)
    BL=Battery Level (millivolts of battery power at the time of picture)
    BP=Battery Power (a rough percentage of the battery power remaining)
    BD=Battery Days (total number of days the current batteries have been loaded)
    BI=Battery Images (handicapped number of images taken on the current batteries)
    CF=IR Cut Filter Position (position of the IR cut filter when the picture was taken)
    EX=Exposure Zone (centered or wide... the light metering area that was used)
    ID=Camera ID (the ID number you have given to the camera)
    SM=Setup Menu (the setup menu you have selected to use)
    DD=Day Delay (the minimum daylight rest period you have selected between PIR shots)
    DI=Day Images (the number of daylight images you have selected per PIR trip)
    DV=Day Video (the daylight video length, if any, that you have chosen)
    DL=Day Time-Lapse (the daylight time-lapse interval, if any, that you have chosen)
    ND=Night Delay (the minimum night rest period you have selected between PIR shots)
    NI=Night Images (the number of night images you have selected per PIR trip)
    NV=Night Video (the night video length, if any, that you have chosen)
    NL=Night Time-Lapse (the night time-lapse interval, if any, that you have chosen)

The above parameters are for daylight images. For night time IR images, you will also have the following:

IR= IR Power (the power supplied to the IR array as a percentage... will decline based upon remaining battery power)
    WL=IR Wavelength (either 850nm for Red IR or 940 nm for Black IR)

And for white flash pictures the above two parameters will be replaced by the following:

LF=Lifetime Flash (the number of lifetime white flash images taken... a flash module odometer)
    Last edited by FredG; 10-14-2017 at 02:57 PM.