Thread: E3 zone control slider or fresnal lens replacement

E3 zone control slider or fresnal lens replacement

Hi, first post hope its in the right place

On my E3 the zone control slide is stuck. I see in the manual it says the fresnal lens that sits behind the slider is"user replaceable" I think if I can get to the lens I should also be able to free the slider. I can't find any instructions on replacing the lens though. Before I start taking screws out of the front of the E3 can anyone point me in the right direction for lens replacement instructions😄

Quote Originally Posted by Brownhyena View Post
    Hi, first post hope its in the right place

On my E3 the zone control slide is stuck. I see in the manual it says the fresnal lens that sits behind the slider is"user replaceable" I think if I can get to the lens I should also be able to free the slider. I can't find any instructions on replacing the lens though. Before I start taking screws out of the front of the E3 can anyone point me in the right direction for lens replacement instructions��
    I just backed out the bottom 3 screws a little when my slider was bound up and that was enough to free it. But, don't worry about taking off the front trim plates. As you've noted, the Fresnel lens is considered user replaceable by Cuddeback so it won't void your warranty to do so if it's necessary to free and clean the slider. If you need to, you will have to take off both the top (around the flash) and bottom plates because the top plate overlaps the bottom plate.

Thanks for that Fredg. Cuddeback also mailed me the same info, so all fixed and no warranty issues. Cleaned out some kalahari sand in the process😄