Thread: YEAR 2006? Must have been a good year!

YEAR 2006? Must have been a good year!

Pulled my Capture last year and all my pictures were dated 2006, so naturally I thought it was my data entry error. I just placed it back out and ensured I had entered the month day year and time correct. I pulled the card a week later and low and behold it is again 2006. I like not getting older. I was checking out the gallery section and noticed a few other entries that say their day and month are correct but the year is wrong and in looking they also are showing 2006. Anyone else had that issue that has a solution? I did place new Duracell batteries in it before placing it back out. Oh yea, got a picture this past week of a four pointer, first on my new property and still holding his antlers the end of February 2017 (or is it 2006?? LOL)

UPDATE: March 3 2017 pulled my card again and year in display was correct but in checking my pictures the year is showing 2006 and not only that it added in February 29 which is not in 2017 so at that point my date is now wrong, so my next set of pictures will all be off 11 years and a day! I see a few have viewed this post but still no help patiently waiting.
    Last edited by Clintk; 03-03-2017 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Additional Information

I never ran into that problem with any of my captures over the years. i still have 1 up and running now. I have the latest update in it, but maybe contact Cuddeback and maybe they can help you over the phone. they have been a great help to me in the past when issues have popped up. I hope this helps you .

Heck Clint, in camera years Grandpa Capture is 110 years old so a little short-term memory loss is to be expected... Besides, when he was born the year 2016 hadn't even been invented yet!. Due to mandated medical rationing, Medicare will not cover treatment for this condition, so just kick back and enjoy the stories old Grandpa Capture has to tell and simply smile kindly when he screws up the dates a little.

Translation:
    Apparently there is a firmware bug that has caused the Captures to not display the correct date after 12/31/2015. All Captures have the same problem and I don't know if Cuddeback will release a "fix" for it or not since it's such an old model. You could call customer service and ask them if they plan to.

Thanks Bearman69 and FredG for taking the time to reply. I'll go the next step and try Cuddeback's Customer Service. I was wondering about the firmware as I have never updated them so didn't know if that would help or hurt, from what I have read on here. I have several other types but was happy with the Cuddeback Capture IR and bought two more and they all work well still except the date on this one particular one, well I only have two now. Tried setting one up about 50 yards from my work but didn't have the lag screws so I strapped it on the tree, one night what could go wrong??? Well Bruno didn't like being spied on and ripped it in half the first night out. Bear safes are a must in my area. I only had one pulled off a tree. In fact I thought it was stolen but when I went to inspect the area found it face down in the soft ground stomped about an inch in the dirty, but still working. I hope to upgrade and add to my collection in the future, but if they still take pictures it is hard to replace them. I enjoy checking the cameras as much or more than the hunt!

I hope you will succeed in the next trial
    KAV is many mau nha dep in vietnamese

A firmware update will solve the issue of 2006 displaying on the date/time stamp of the image. Contact our customer support at (920) 347-3810.