Thread: Weather Shelters for Trail Cameras?

Weather Shelters for Trail Cameras?

I have used a trail camera for quite a few years now. In the past I would put a roof over the camera to keep rain and snow off the camera. My roof was just a board with "L" brackets mounted to the tree above the camera. That camera lasted several years. I ended up mounting it to a very small tree and couldn't use my roof. I left it out until December and it failed after that.
    My question is does anyone else use a roof or shelter to protect their cameras better from the weather? This also acts as a visor for the sun.
    I have some new Attack IR's and this time I built shelters for them.
    I searched the internet and could not find anyone else doing this. I think it helps extend the life of the camera.
    This wouldn't work if your camera is in a public area were theft is likely, but if your like me and hunt private land you might give it a try.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job. It's a great idea building a box but they really stick out in the woods. They will get stolen a lot faster if they can be seen. Good luck.
    http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

http://nantucketwaterfrontnews.blogspot.com/

Covert Reveal
    M-100
    Little Acorn 521MM
    119466C
    Cudde Capture (Finally died after two years of service)
    D55
    D55IR
    M-80XT STOLEN
    M-80X
    Covert Black 60
    W6E

Very nice Tree Time. I can't see why it wouldn't work great. I have all my cameras in bearsafes,but I've toyed with the idea of attaching something to the top of the safe's to help out with the sun problem. After seeing what you did I think I'll try to do something to mine this winter.

Those are a work of art Tree Time. Great job!

I got them put up on Sunday. I will try and take some pics of them mounted to the trees and hopefully the cameras got some nice pics also. Thanks for the comments guys.

I managed to take a picture of each of the shelters this weekend mounted to the trees. I also got a couple of night pics for you guys.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How do you adjust the aim of the cam in the shelter?