Thread: Monitoring an eroding sculpture--time lapse issue

Monitoring an eroding sculpture--time lapse issue

I have been using an Attack as a time lapse camera to record the degradation of a raw earth sculpture. I'm having a problem with the time lapse setting--I have it set to take a picture of the site every 24 hours, but the time tags on the pics show that each picture is being taken at about a 24-hour 19-minute interval. This results in the pics being shot later and later in the day, and since I have the camera set to not operate at night (to extend battery life) I lose about every other month. I emailed Cuddeback about this yesterday but wanted to see if any other users have had similar problems or know how to fix this. As far as I know, I'm using the most current firmware (the one that includes a time lapse function separate from guard duty).

It is a weird way to use this camera, but I chose it because it would fit where I needed it to go, it was well reviewed and it had a long battery life.

A quick test of my Attack on a 1 minute time lapse over a 15 minute period shows a gain of 5 seconds. Too short of a test for accuracy, but it confirms your results... extrapolated, that would indicate 8 minutes of gain per day. Mine was set on 24 hour operation instead of daylight only.

Any antlers on that earth sculpture?

Fred

Thanks for your thoughts, Fred. I'd set mine to day/night operation except that it's three hours away. Maybe they'll write some new code to fix this.

No antlers here, though some smaller game just happened to wander into the frame.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by mudguy View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts, Fred. I'd set mine to day/night operation except that it's three hours away. Maybe they'll write some new code to fix this.

No antlers here, though some smaller game just happened to wander into the frame.
    That's a cool earth sculpture mudguy! Do you mix some portland with it to give it erosion resistance?

I redid my experiment with a 15 minute time lapse and got a 12 second gain on each photo... extrapolating out to the same 19 minutes per day that you got. Perhaps the countdown timer crystal has a frequency based on the the Chinese Lunar Calendar.

Fred