+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attack Delays

Attack Delays

I just purchased an Attack white flash. I did the latest firmware update which is 0200. This changed the minimum daytime delay to 5 secs. The delay between flash pictures is a full 60 secs. I thought the delay between flash pictures was supposed to be reduced to 30 secs. I know it takes awhile for the white flash to charge, but this is longer than I expected. I have talked to Support and they say this is normal, but I would like to know if other Attack owners have the same delays. Thanks

60 seconds does seem too long for the flash to charge.
    http://nantucketdeer.blogspot.com/

http://nantucketwaterfrontnews.blogspot.com/

Covert Reveal
    M-100
    Little Acorn 521MM
    119466C
    Cudde Capture (Finally died after two years of service)
    D55
    D55IR
    M-80XT STOLEN
    M-80X
    Covert Black 60
    W6E

The capture flash takes pics every 30 seconds, so I'm not sure why you couldn't at least set it that low. I'm sure anything too quick would burn up the flash by overheating.

Something else that makes me wonder about the delays is what can be found on this website. Under products and camera comparisons, if you look at the footnote at the bottom of the page it says minimum delays are 5 secs for daytime and 30 secs for flash pictures. I have also seen it listed as new features for 2012 cameras and can be changed on older models with the free upgrades. I have 5 Captures and have always been well satisfied with them. If the delay for flash pictures is actually 1 minute then they need to correct the website.

+ Reply to Thread