Thread: new idea for cudde

new idea for cudde

i dont know how to get in touch with the correct persons, but i have an idea that i have been working on and think cuddeback might like it too. My idea is haveing remote triggers (ir) that would link to one camera, i think it would work great in green fields, powerline right of ways, or any open area that the camera could capture. It would give the hunter a greater distance to capture pictures with only one camera, also this might be an avenue for a zoomable game camera the first in the field. We all know we can capture pics on one end of a greenfield but now you could capture pics over the whole field with multiple triggers. thanks for reading hope to hear from cuddeback. brittcurbow@gmail.com

I also have a good idea for Cuddeback: how about offering a two year warrenty with the option of adding a 3rd year for $20. It is already being done by another brand of cameras. As most of the people here know, camera failure rate is high, so today when I look towards new cams I look at the warrenty. This is very important as like many here I only run my cams for 3-4 months at the most per year. When used like this it is very possible that the cam will fail after the warrenty has expired.

How about having a feature that would allow us to turn off the flash/IR and just have the cam take day light pictures? At a local 3D shoot that my friend and I were working he told me he did not need night pictures as night hunting is not allowed here. This would also fix the problem of cams scaring deer too.

picture numbering

A improvement I would like to see is the way the photos are numbered. When I download the sd card to a folder, the photos are numbered 1-??? and when I delete the card and put it back into the camera the numbering starts 1-??? again and I cannot but the photos into the same folder because the numbering starts over again and the computer thinks I'm trying to load up the same photo again. My regular digital camera does not repeat the numbering sequence and assigns a different number each time so you can load photos into one folder. When I called Cuddy they said to renumber the individual photos to get them in the same folder. That would be very time consuming and if they can have infinite number on a regular camera I don't see why can't on a trail cam. Are others having this problem or am I doing something wrong?

When I clear my card for a new soak I always leave 1 pic on there with the highest number so my pics stay in consecutive numbered order.

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter308 View Post
    When I clear my card for a new soak I always leave 1 pic on there with the highest number so my pics stay in consecutive numbered order.
    Great Tip!
    2 - Cuddeback Captures
    7 - Cuddeback Attacks
    2 - Cuddeback Ambush

Britt,

I believe someone out there is already doing what you're talking about. Don't recall who, but it may have been in Cabela's.