PDA

View Full Version : problem with attack IR night pics

hoot1974
08-06-2011, 01:21 PM
I bought the attack ir and put it out with high expectations. was looking through the pics and the daytime pictures were great!!! but the nighttime pictures were black. if the deer was 5 feet away you could make out a faint image of a deer. Hoping support will send me a firmware update that will take care of it. you purchase a $230 camera you expect it to work, not spend more time and money sending it in. Stupid me went and bought 2 more....debating on taking them back.

MathewsShooter30
08-08-2011, 02:04 PM
I am having the same problem with my Attack IR. The night pics are completley dark. Can someone please help us? I've been on the tech. support waiting for 1 hour.

MathewsShooter30
08-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I updated the latest version of firmware as well and still no luck

hoot1974
08-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I am having the same problem with my Attack IR. The night pics are completley dark. Can someone please help us? I've been on the tech. support waiting for 1 hour.

Ya, they just called me and said I have to send it in!! There does another $15.

MathewsShooter30
08-08-2011, 02:15 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok thanks for the tip. Guess there goes 2 back to the supplier.

What is the Quality PPM on this thing?

linger
08-09-2011, 07:40 PM
I thought i would chime in on this, bought the Attack IR Friday 8-5-11, put into the field 8-7-11, went to register it last night and forgot to get serial #. So I went and got the serial # this afternoon after work, it had 26 pics and 14 of them were black. Battery's are a 90%, so i know its not the betteries. I think im going to go get it tomorrow after work and call tech support. What do u guys think?? Thinking about taking it back to scheels and getting a Flash.

hunterwojo
08-11-2011, 09:32 PM
they have a link u can email the pics 2 on there web site. i had the same problem and 1 of my attacks is there now. i didnt call them they called me. i thought there costumer service was great!!:cool: my batterys read 90% also!

linger
08-12-2011, 07:30 AM
I sent it in yesterday, took about 5 minutes to get her all said and done. I just hope it comes back fixed, this is the prime time for great pictures!!

tbarn
08-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Have to send mine in also. They said it is a problem when the temp is above 90deg. I am not thrilled about sending in a new camera for repair already. But the girl said that they are going to send me some tilt mount brackets for the inconvenience. I guess that is a nice gesture, but like linger said above we are missing pics.

trukbattack
08-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I also just took my camera down yesterday. It had been up since mid July. I had 800 photos of which all the night time photo's were black.I'm just furious over what I may have missed. Daytime photos are great. I purchased this IR camera with reluctance as my IR Capture took fair at best night time photo's. I was assured by Gander Mountain rep that these new Attack IR's take as night time as good as daytime photo's. Just purchased in June and had some nice day and night photo's, so I don't understand what changed. The camera faces north, so the sun is not a factor. Someone please help. Running out of pre-season photo scouting. Lord knows what I may never see from misssed opportunities.

buckcreek
08-22-2011, 06:34 PM
I to have this problem now with one more issue. Mine is taking pics every 10 minutes like clockwork at night only and they are all black. I pulled batteries to try a reset so well see this weekend. From what I read here I dont have my hopes up. I down loaded firmware and will install this weekend also. I bought 2 attack IR and was very pleased until this problem showed itself. Still getting great day pics and now my second on has 2 night black out pics, oh boy. What a shame I really like these.

ridethelighting
08-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Same issue with my new Attack IR,. Black night photos and then just completely stopped working all together,. Camera is 4 weeks old,. I try to accept that mechanical items just fail,. But reading many of the like issues,. seems product needs to be revisited for bugs or at least pressure tested more prior to launching such a mass campaign. I will continue to purchase Cuddeback due to excellent past experiences of prior verisions., But turn around time when I need it,. Which is NOW, is just not a sense of urgency from Cuddeback,. Camera's are used year around in many forms,. But this is the heaviest activity period prior to upcoming falls hunts all across the board,. It will be 1-2 weeks before I can get my replacement. So my feedback is: find a quicker response process to legit known mechanical issues and recognize it gets HOT in Texas,. So better pressure test a camera for heat ;-)

19blockhead72
08-28-2011, 06:47 PM
Here I thought I was the problem. I'm on my second Attack IR and it's doing the same thing. Has anyone had any success with getting the problem taken care of? It sucks because this is one of the nicest cameras I have used but I'm missing 75% of my photos.

nicholab
08-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I too have not been satisfied with my attack IR. Unless your batteries are brand new at 99% the camera will not have enough power to take night pictures. After 3 days in the feild this week ,my camera batteries dropped to 75% and it was powering the LED's at 35%, which is not strong enough to get a night pictures. I have installed all the new firmware and updates and still no fixing the problems. You can only get about three days out of a set of brand new Duracell or Energizer batteries, and they advertise "All season" battery life. Take it back while you still can!!!!

HappyHunter
08-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Has anyone had any success with getting the problem taken care of?

I had the same problems mentioned, black night photos, first on random nights then almost every night. Support first sent me a firmware update (before it was posted on their website) and eventually I ended up having to send the camera in for repair. Turn around was fairly quick at less than 2 weeks and it has been back in the field for about a month now and so far has taken great night photos every time. Overall I am happy that Cuddeback took care of my problem but I doo feel, like many of you, that they should have had this resolved before the cameras went to their dealers. When an item is new, the first few batches coming in from the manufacturer should be put through some extensive testing before releasing them. If Cuddeback had done this they would have most likely caught what seems to be a problem with one of their first batch releases.

fishyj
08-31-2011, 11:42 AM
My new Attack IR did the same thing, sent it in and it's been fine. not sure what they did, but the same camera came back.

Russ Kloehn
08-31-2011, 05:13 PM
There is a software update that has to be sent in to Cuddeback that will take them 3 mins. to do.
The cameras are running about 50/50 for good to bad of the shelf.
Just check the camera first @ night @ home before setting in the woods and waisting your time.
This came from a loyal customer of Gander Mountain that showed me the test results of his camera before and after servicing.

FactoryRep8
09-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Keep in mind that if you are using videos, the IR LEDs are real battery eaters. Each night video will is equivlalent in battery power to over 100 images. We recommend Rayovac batteries, as they seem to last the longers. In our testing, generic batteries do not perform very well with the high current required by the IR LEDs. Also keep in mind that the nature of alkaline batteries makes it difficult to determine the exact percentage of battery remaining, so the % reading is an estimate. Do not change batteries until they get below 20%.

ridethelighting
09-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Just come back from our property from checking all our cameras,. I currently have 8 No-Flash and 3 Attack IR's,. I really like all the advancements and simplicity of the Attack IR, but when the rubber meets the road,. all 3 of my new Attack IR's have failed me within the first month of use,. The 8 No-Flash's are multiple years old and still performing at a high level. The defination of failed for me is the black night photos.The IR portion of the Attack IR camera has some problem for night photos in heat,. I have tested in my home in dark rooms and it performs extremely well. I take outside ( I live in Texas where there is constant heat 100+ deg) and immediately the photos are black. I spoke with customer service and they said there are known problems with the sensors and heat. Reading this forum, which is owned by Cuddeback, there are the same problems with many users. I am not using the video portion, just photos only. And of coarse new batteries. Cuddeback you need to figure this out quickly,. I have almost $700 invested in your new technology,. And I now have 3 Empty cuddeback Bear Safe box's sitting in the woods, because these cameras are going back for repair at Cuddeback. Customer service is extremely professional and helpful, but that does not help me out now. I only use Cuddeback products due to such a outstanding track record I personally have had. I am sure Cuddeback will resolve, but an extreme oversight of not testing these cameras in hotter climates and not responding more quickly to a admitted known issue from your customer service.

MathewsShooter30
09-04-2011, 03:38 PM
FactoryRep8

Why can you respond about the battery life effects of night time videos but you do not respond about the BLACK OUT problems with the IR?

I've had 3 different Attack IRs that have had the black out problem. What is going on with this and what is Cuddeback going to do to keep their customers over this issue. I like the Attack IR and its features but I do not trust the camera with its black out problem.

Please respond with a proactive approach to solving this problem with firmwear for the customers.

buckcreek
09-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I have a bit of good news after ripping the Attack IR. I down loaded the new firmware to both my cameras. They said I had 90% battery on both cameras after it said one had 25 and the other 50. The 25 is the one I had the most trouble with black photos. So one fix. Since the down load and a new set of batteries I am glad to report I had no more bad photos on this weeks run. Keep your fingers crossed but for now I suggest you down load the firmware online to your sd then to camera. Took less than 5 min. get your real battery level and a couple of the new functions are nice.

bowman911
09-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I am an archery department outfitter at Cabela's and can not recomend the Attack IR to customers untill they get the bugs out. I love my old Expert 3.0 but have had the same issues even after the download fix. Great daytime pics but I got the Attack IR for the night pics and video. Ten to twenty feet IR range not good enough and blackout night pics are a disgrace to the Cuddyback brand name.

jyoung
09-06-2011, 10:27 PM
First time out of the box my attack ir took about ten good night pics then the next two hundred were black and when i tested the led the camera would say ir test failed. I downloaded the firmware to an sd card and then to my camera, but this didnt seem to help either. I pulled the batteries out because i was going to send the camera in for repair. Tonight i put them back in the camera to check it one more time before i sent it in and the ir test read 99% i then put it up in my yard and it took five excellent night pics. Maybe pulling the batteries for a long period of time reset the camera(i pulled them after the update ofcourse but only for a minute) and it might work properly now. Im hoping it works because i personally love the night pics and really love the day pics. Does anyone have any idea if this problem might be solved for me or do i need to go ahead and send it in for repair

MathewsShooter30
09-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Still waiting a response

NantucketShedHunter
09-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Did you test the cam at home before deploying it? I would never leave a new cam out that long without testing it first to make sure it is working properly.

adams5130
09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
I had to send my attack ir in for the black picture problem they had it back to me in pretty quick fashion now the only problem is it worked great, awesome night pics for the first week but now we are back to the same black picture problem again. All my pics since 9-9-2011 are now completly black. I guess I will be calling customer service again tommarrow. With hunting season right around the corner this is very frustrating but I can say that every time I have called cuddeback they have giving great customer service but I sure hope they get this problem fixed.

jyoung
09-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I did test the camera before i set it back up. It worked just like it was supposed to in my yard. I havent checked it since but i did put another camera beside that one just in case it decided to take black pics again. I will check the camera on thursday because bow season starts for me on saturday in florida. I will post my results then

paullazer
09-15-2011, 08:19 AM
I manage a big lease in south texas and recommended the attack ir from past cameras (captures) being great.I now have mad lease members and two cameras (ir's) that don't work at night.We have lost two months of scouting at a VERY critical time for our biologist survey.I have two of the regular flashes and they work great.The black night pics were such a big diapointment for us!It would take a night pic and then twenty black pics.We don't have time to be sending cameras back and forth, our bow season starts in three weeks.

jyoung
09-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Well i checked my camera tonight and it took seventy pictures twenty good day pics and fifty black night pictures so i guess im sending my camera back

fishyj
09-16-2011, 03:54 PM
my attack ir was new in July. worked great, then went to blk night pics. sent it in same cam came bak and worked good for 6-7 weeks. then went to some but not all blk pics at night. customer service said to pull batteries and sd card, and replace. batteries at 60% and camera has worked good since then, no blk pics. customer service says this is a 'reset' that is not described in the owners manual.

slinger1000
09-30-2011, 07:29 PM
Same here, had high expectations. shouldve bought 3 wild game cames i guess!