PDA

View Full Version : Ambush Black Flash. No Night Pic's

GaBear
05-02-2015, 03:06 PM
I bought 2 Ambush Black Flash Camera's last fall because of the Great reviews that I was seeing from other folks. So far I'm really wish I had spent my money on another brand. I placed my camera's out last fall so I could get a idea on how the deer herd was doing through the season. I had 16 GB SD Cards in both. Got some great day light pic's and Video's. At first the night time shots looked great then after a few months they looked like they were covered by a white piece of cloth with just a slight image. I'm not talking about a slew of pic's either, maybe 150 in 3 month's. The Battery meter was still showing a BT10. I downloaded the latest software the day I bought the camera's. I think it kind of sux that I can't download the software again. I have put new batteries in the camera's with still no flash. Guess lesson learned if its considered a good buy find out why......

Anyone got a clue as to whats going on???????

JB22
05-02-2015, 03:13 PM
Can you post some example pics?

FactoryRep19
05-04-2015, 09:06 AM
BT:10 means your batteries were at 10%. Now the batteries had enough power to keep the camera on but may not have had enough power to turn the LEDs on causing the black images. If you go to MENU on the camera press the A button until LED appears. Then press the B button to run an LED test, this test will show you how strong the batteries can power the LEDs. If you get a FAIL message this means the batteries did not have enough power to light the LEDs. When running this test if you get any percentage under 50% we recommend getting new batteries for the camera.

GaBear
05-09-2015, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the info. Guess the batteries were bad out of the package.

GaBear
05-18-2015, 07:33 PM
BT:10 means your batteries were at 10%. Now the batteries had enough power to keep the camera on but may not have had enough power to turn the LEDs on causing the black images. If you go to MENU on the camera press the A button until LED appears. Then press the B button to run an LED test, this test will show you how strong the batteries can power the LEDs. If you get a FAIL message this means the batteries did not have enough power to light the LEDs. When running this test if you get any percentage under 50% we recommend getting new batteries for the camera.

Ok I have put new Batteries. Battery level is showing p90 and showing %99 on led but when I do a test I still get no Flash. what do I do Now?????

FactoryRep19
05-19-2015, 02:02 PM
If you have a Black Flash camera you will not see the LEDs go off. An IR camera when activated at night the LEDs will glow RED but with a Black Flash camera you will not see any light from the LEDs.