PDA

View Full Version : Attack IR - Brand new & defective

WesApple
11-07-2011, 10:57 AM
Bought an Attack IR yesterday afternoon & right out of the box it doesn't work right. :-(

I like the features & the build quality seems decent, and the camera triggers just fine.

But the images... well, they suck something awful.. (see attached test photo, shot on a cloudless sunny morning in my yard - that is by FAR the best image I've gotten out of it yet - most of the others, you can't even tell what it's a picture of)... It shoots black & white regardless of daytime or darkness, and there is a heavy grid pattern over the whole image (easier to see in the full-size version of the photo, but still visible in the downsized attachment).

Good thing I tested it before leaving it out in the woods for a week..

I've already updated the firmware, so I called tech support, waited on hold for 45 minutes & then got a lady who told me that she would take my information and someone will call me back within 2-4 business days.

Not what I was hoping for when I handed over my $230 yesterday.. :mad:

Update 11/8/11 - A C/S rep called me today and told me that since the camera was brand new that they would replace it with a new one if I would ship them the old one & that they would turn it over with 48 hrs of receiving the bad unit. Much better outcome than I had feared (2-3 week turnaround), so I feel a lot more optimistic about it now. :-)

roadrageror
11-10-2011, 12:03 AM
Yes I had same experience but mine lasted 6 weeks and died. But cost me $30 to ship it from Canada and when I got it back I had to pay $20 duty...for my own camera..extra $50..not cool!!

Dewayne
12-29-2011, 03:46 PM
When you set it on 3 min it will take picture every 3 min where there is anything there are not has anybody had this to happen to them