PDA

View Full Version : New to Cuddeback, need help with a question

mwill
02-26-2013, 10:51 PM
I recently bought a Cuddeback and my wife, unaware of the "worm", was checking it out. When she saw the worm scrolling around the LCD her first instinct was to turn the camera off to stop it so she did. Will this cause any damage to the camera, and what do I need to do to ensure that the camera works properly again?

NantucketShedHunter
02-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Have you turned on the camera again to see if it works?

bearman69
02-27-2013, 10:26 AM
It should not hurt it. What I would do is to download the latest update for the camera and install it.Sometimes it will take more than one try to install the latest update. You can call customer service and they will walk you through this process,I hope this helps and good luck. One other thing is to have new batteries when you do this as this process sometimes takes alot of juice from your batteries.

FactoryRep19
03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
If the camera was saving a picture at the time your wife turned the camera off, the image on the SD card may be corrupt. The camera should still be fine just that image may be bad and it may just be a gray screen when you go to view it. You always want to make sure the worm is OFF before turning your camera off, this is especially true when doing a firmware update. If the camera would be turned OFF while doing the firmware update this could ruin the camera.