PDA

View Full Version : checking for pictures

Scottnh
02-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Just started with my new Attack. Am I missing something? There is no way to check for pics while attached to the tree. When removing, to check, it takes a pic or two of my feet.:D My old Cudde , I could check w/o moving the camera.:confused:

JB22
02-16-2013, 12:49 PM
That is why I never bought an Attack. It didn't make sense to have to remove the camera from the tree to access the sd card. They should bring the Capture back into their lineup.

NantucketShedHunter
02-16-2013, 02:39 PM
Scottnh, didn't you know that before you bought the camera?

Scottnh
02-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I didn't even think about it before I bought the Attack. Been using, for about 7 years, an old Cudde and was used to not detaching the camera to check. I bought the new one direct from Cuddeback on the exchange deal, so really never had it in hand until purchased. My old cuddeback was so great, I didn't consider others either. Oh well....

NantucketShedHunter
02-17-2013, 08:17 AM
I understand, Scottnh. Cuddeback says you can open the top door of the camera and remove the SD card without removing the camera from it's mount ion the tree.

JB22
02-17-2013, 11:40 AM
I understand, Scottnh. Cuddeback says you can open the top door of the camera and remove the SD card without removing the camera from it's mount ion the tree.

They must be thinking that you can leave the bottom thumbscrew on the clip(mount) and just tip the cam forward away from the tree. Still a poor design in my opinion. I had 6 Captures and thought they were a good design.

Nan, can the Ambush be checked without removing from the tree?

NantucketShedHunter
02-17-2013, 01:14 PM
Yes, my Ambush can be checked without removing it from the tree but I never do that. I think it can cause damage to the camera if you do that. I have it in a lock box so I have to take it out of the box to get to the SD card. I think the top part of the cam where the SD card is located is a very poor design. The door never seems to solidly close and latch. The SD card should be located inside the cam somewhere and not outside of the cam where a door can be opened. Any bum and thief can easily steal your SD card by lifting the top door open.

JB22
02-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Yes, my Ambush can be checked without removing it from the tree but I never do that. I think it can cause damage to the camera if you do that. I have it in a lock box so I have to take it out of the box to get to the SD card. I think the top part of the cam where the SD card is located is a very poor design. The door never seems to solidly close and latch. The SD card should be located inside the cam somewhere and not outside of the cam where a door can be opened. Any bum and thief can easily steal your SD card by lifting the top door open.

The way I understand it with the Ambush is that you should open the back and push A or B to disarm the camera which would require taking it off the tree(I think) before you take the card out.

I don't have an Ambush but saw that the sd card is located at the top of the cam, a perfect spot for snow, bark, etc to fall into the cam if you don't take it off the tree to remove the sd card.

NantucketShedHunter
02-17-2013, 05:51 PM
You are correct, JB22. You have to take the Ambush off the tree, open the back and push the A button to see how many pictures the camera took. I would think if you don't do this first and just open the top and remove the card, it would damage the camera and corrupt the card. Cuddeback always warns us before we ever do anything with the camera we have to wait for the worm on the LCD screen to stop moving.

Hopefully one of the moderators here will chime in and advise us all how to do this.

Video It
04-17-2013, 12:18 AM
According to the Ambush Manual...
Step 7 – When you check Ambush®/Ambush® IR it is not necessary to turn the rotary knob. Instead, press the A or B button to temporarily suspend Armed mode and view pertinent information, such as the number of images on the SD card and battery level.... You can leave Ambush®/Ambush® IR in any of the states 1 thru 7 and Ambush®/Ambush® IR will automatically re-arm in about five minutes. This allows you to close the cover and leave the area without triggering an image.

Viewing Images: You will need an external viewing device or computer to view images. First, remove the SD card from the camera. Make sure to only remove the SD card when the worm is not visible.