PDA

View Full Version : Capture Problems

kywallace69
10-31-2011, 09:58 PM
I had three captures on a farm about three weeks ago and they worked great. They work last year great as well. I went to check the pics this past weekend and all three is doing the same thing. After I turn the camera on to 30 seconds and it starts it's countdown from 40 seconds to zero it goes back to 9 seconds and then to 0 and then to 9 seconds and back to 0 and it keeps on doing this over and over on all three cameras and never takes a pic. Any suggestions???

kywallace69
11-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I worked with the cams again this evening. They would take internal pics good, but as soon as I put the SD card in it would do the count down thing again. I found and old SD card they I used last year and one of the cams took pics of and they had a few pics from last year on it. I tried the card in all cameras and they would work great. As soon as I deleted the pics from the SD card and tried it, back to the count down thing again. The problems lie in the formatting of the sd card somewhere. I reformatted the card with each camera again and it would not work. I also tried to install the firmware on the cameras and it only shows 20 05 not 20 09 like the up to date version. I tried this several times and none of the camreas would take the firm ware. I have tried everything. Not sure what to due from here. The internal memory will also not copy to the sd card. But will on the old card.

genghis77
11-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I just started having the same issue. I have not been able to figure it out yet and stopped before my cudde grew wings and flew across the room. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I can get it squared away as now is the time of year it would be nice to have.

kywallace69
11-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Your not kiddin. I couldn't wait for this past weekend so I could check the cams out. The property owner has been seeing a massive main frame 12 running around all year and I would have loved to have seen his picture, but instead no pics. It has something to do with the SD cards. But new ones want work either. Only SD cards that have pics from previous cuddebacks. Weird. It is like once that are deleted from the sd card they are out of format and the camera will not reformat them again for some reason to copy the pic to them. The crazy thing is all three stopped working the came time I deleted the pics from the old SD cards and put them in the camera.

kadair55
11-02-2011, 06:26 PM
mine is doing same thing if anyone finds a fix please post.

jonesjb
11-02-2011, 09:33 PM
I had three captures on a farm about three weeks ago and they worked great. They work last year great as well. I went to check the pics this past weekend and all three is doing the same thing. After I turn the camera on to 30 seconds and it starts it's countdown from 40 seconds to zero it goes back to 9 seconds and then to 0 and then to 9 seconds and back to 0 and it keeps on doing this over and over on all three cameras and never takes a pic. Any suggestions???

Let all face the facts that cuddeback is not making the quality cameras that they use to. I have 4 new ones that will not stay turned on in the woods with a sd card inserted. 3 of them are now working on internal memory, and 1 is not flashing all the time. My recommendation is to tell everybody u know to stay clear of cuddeback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutch
11-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Then we might as well tell everyone to stay clear of plenty of other companies as well. I was just catching up on a trail cam forum..and one of those more expensive cams(you know..the one being pushed by the likes of some clown that is on their Prostaff but doesn't disclose it) is having quite a few problems lately. One guy is on his 5th or 6th camera- keeps having to send them back/exchange them. Another company is telling folks to wait until they get their firmware updated. Feel free to PM me to the links to both of those discussions.

As you can see..I posted vids from my Attack that are not turning out. The pics are ok. It's possible it's just a firmware update that will fix things in the future. Maybe they just need to come out and say that.

Did I mention I actually posted pictures and videos? :rolleyes:

kywallace69
11-03-2011, 11:42 PM
BIG UPDATE ON THE COUNTDOWN PROBLEM>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I fixed it for the time being. I went and bought new SD cards 2 GB from PNY from Walmart in the 2 pack - 12.99 for the pack. I installed the new SD cards in the cameras all three and the cameras work like a charm. Due to the sd cards not having any writing yet by being new, the cameras will write to them when they take a pic. However, if all the pics are deleted from the card the problem begins again by doing the counting down thing from 40 to 0 then back to 9 and all of that. One pic has to be left on the card for this to work. It is like it is losing the format after everything is erased and will not format again and messes the camera up. This has worked for me so try it. I have tested all day on the cameras two capture flash's and one IR and they all work if one pic is left on the card. Yes this is weird but it beats the heck out of sending the cameras back over and over for Cudde to fix. Try it, it should work. If you forget and Delete all the pics on the SD card you might as well throw it in the garbage for the Cudde, it will not work. One Pic has to be left on the card at least. REMEMBER THIS!!! It has worked for me.

genghis77
11-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks kywallace69. I will head to Walmart and get me some new SD cards.

kywallace69
11-04-2011, 08:16 AM
Actually the SD cards were not Pony they are >>> PNY
Sorry for the typo.

Kurt0107
11-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Great catch and thanks for the tip will keep that in mind

NyGregg
06-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Those of you blaming your cam for problems....on the older cams, check what size memory card you have installed. Most can't handle over a 1 GB. The newer cams, buy a quality card and after you delete your pictures, FORMAT the card and it will be completely empty like a new card. The cam is trying to read info on the card that doesn't exist. That's why it locks up. Good luck

willyb
07-14-2012, 03:18 PM
ATTENTION CUDDEBACK OWNERS! DO NOT DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE and install it in your camera! i have several cuddebacks and just recently went to update the firmware on one of my captures. when i checked to see that everything worked i got nothing! the firmware update wiped out my camera. i ofcourse e-mailed and called cuddeback right away and after days of phone tag was told too bad so sad!! if i want it working again i have to pay $75 or trade it in. WTF!? my camera was working just fine before the firmware update and now its junk. sounds like a way for cuddeback to get an extra few $'s out of us poor capture users. i tried to get anyone at cuddeback to listen to me and understand my situation but all they cared about was getting their $. i wish i never would've downloaded the update and i sure as heck wont do it again and risk ruining my other cameras. i've been a customer for about 15 years. since before they were called cuddeback and this is how they thank me. thanks a lot cuddeback!!!:mad::mad::mad:

NantucketShedHunter
07-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks for that update. I was just about to install the firmware update on my Capture.

bearman69
07-15-2012, 06:10 PM
I've installed the firmware up-date on all 3 of my Captures and they are all running just fine. Try customer service again, they should be able to help you out, good luck.

deerhunter308
07-15-2012, 11:28 PM
I have done the firmware update and had no problems. I did however have the problem with the 0-9 countdown on a new Capture I bought my son for Christmas. I returned it and the new one is fine. Not sure what that was about though.

Red Baron
09-27-2012, 05:02 PM
BIG UPDATE ON THE COUNTDOWN PROBLEM>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I fixed it for the time being. I went and bought new SD cards 2 GB from PNY from Walmart in the 2 pack - 12.99 for the pack. I installed the new SD cards in the cameras all three and the cameras work like a charm. Due to the sd cards not having any writing yet by being new, the cameras will write to them when they take a pic. However, if all the pics are deleted from the card the problem begins again by doing the counting down thing from 40 to 0 then back to 9 and all of that. One pic has to be left on the card for this to work. It is like it is losing the format after everything is erased and will not format again and messes the camera up. This has worked for me so try it. I have tested all day on the cameras two capture flash's and one IR and they all work if one pic is left on the card. Yes this is weird but it beats the heck out of sending the cameras back over and over for Cudde to fix. Try it, it should work. If you forget and Delete all the pics on the SD card you might as well throw it in the garbage for the Cudde, it will not work. One Pic has to be left on the card at least. REMEMBER THIS!!! It has worked for me.

"I have tried several different SD cards and the camera takes a picture, but nothing is recorded. I did delete old pictures from the SD card, so there must be a way to reinstate the card for use in the Cuddeback. what is the solution? A brand new SD card?!"

rattrapper
09-29-2012, 08:54 AM
I am running Duracell SD cards and they are the old 1GB cards in both of my capture cams and have not had any problems. I have not seen any 1GB SD cards for a while, but if you see them and are running a Capture you might try it.

I am real careful when setting the camera not to turn the dial fast and to let the cam show the time on the screen before I move it on to the next postion. I got to thinking some guys might be just giving the dial a quick twist and that might in the long run lead to problems. Anyone have any idea if this might be so??

It seems trail cameras need to be handled like a dozen eggs. I've seen guys putting them on the front dash of the truck or seat and let them slide around. Can't be a good thing. I have a friend who always takes all his cams down and brings them inside the house after a rain to dry out. He does this for all brands of cams that he has. Can't see where it can hurt either.