PDA

View Full Version : cuddeback is losing the respect of the industry and consumers..

pineyswampman
10-27-2011, 08:45 AM
i have been a longtime customer of cuddeback and i have 12 cameras currently. the customer service is at an all time low and im virtually done with this company. i have been trying to resolve an issue for one month and have spent over an hour on hold only to be answered by a person who couldnt help me. only to be promised a return call. days go by again and i finally get a nice lady who helps me. we reach an agreement and i give my credit card number. two weeks go by and i get an email that they cant honor my warranty and i need to recontact them. i am one week into that process again and have sat on hold for another half hour only to talk again to a person who cant help me. you guessed it ....a person will call me back. going on 3 days with no return call. im done with this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dutch
10-27-2011, 09:43 PM
BP1992..in a previous post you stated "I have a new Attack "flash" and it could not be any better. " Forget how confusing that is..I was just wondering if you could share some pictures from that cam. Thanks.

NantucketShedHunter
10-28-2011, 06:46 AM
I've never had a problem with Cuddeback's customer service. Nicole could not be more helpful with me. She was friendly and professional. Do not believe any of the bad customer service rants and reviews you read here from anyone. It's just not true. Period.

rd1man
10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey Piney,
I'm having some issues too. I have purchased at least 10 cameras over the last 6 years. Called cuddeback a few days ago with a 20 min wait in mind.
I was number 15 in the Que and after 20 mins they moved me to number 20. Maybe an early morning call would work. Sent an email explaining my problem, waiting for a response. Let's see what happens.

rd1man
10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Nantucket,
You are the lucky one.
Do you really think these camera owners are making up their experiences with the company?

NantucketShedHunter
10-30-2011, 04:33 PM
I think there are millions and millions of satisfied Cuddeback camera owners. There are only a handful of people who come here with problems. They are extremely rude. And they wonder why Cuddeback doesn't come here to this forum and answer them.

Dutch
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
I think most of those "handful" are not even Cuddeback owners. I've asked at least 6 of them to provide pictures but they never post any.

Any (especially electronic) product you're going to have defective products. I'm currently looking for a new humidifier(I've gone through 2 in the past 5 years). Go to Amazon.com and check out the reviews for each one of those :mad: Customer service as well.

JacksonZ
10-31-2011, 10:00 AM
posted in another thread as well. Many have indicated their support experiences with this company (Non Typical) have been great. For those of you, please offer up some advice on the situation below:

Anybody know how to get a hold of an actual employee of Cuddeback? Background: I've owned Cuddeback cameras for 7 years (4 cameras). I recently sent a camera in to be fixed/replaced. They currently have my camera but I am unable to speak with anybody. I have emailed support multiple times. I have called in, waited for 30+ minutes until I ultimated spoke with an "answering service" and left a message. My wife went through the exact same process. Called in, on hold forever, finally picked up by somebody not employeed by Cuddeback, the infamous answering service. So, how the Bleep can I speak to an actual, "live" Cuddeback employee. And here is the kicker. I need to give them money. Yup, need to give them a CC to pay for the fix/replacement.

In the past I've worked with their support and been fairly happy. This is borderline ridiculous. I understand this is a busy time of year, but I need literally 45 seconds of their time. Give CC, send cam, move on. Sounds fairly simple.

Anybody have suggestions? An alternate number? Hell, even the receptionist.

bugsy
10-31-2011, 08:18 PM
I've never had a problem with Cuddeback's customer service. Nicole could not be more helpful with me. She was friendly and professional. Do not believe any of the bad customer service rants and reviews you read here from anyone. It's just not true. Period.

service is so bad dont know were 2 begin.cant any1 2 answer.after 30 min. got a lady who claims she is only answering service but sum1 will call u back.last time was 2 weeks.this time its 3 days waiting
buyers bware.its terrible

NantucketShedHunter
10-31-2011, 08:56 PM
None of the above is true.

roadrageror
11-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Why is none of the above true? Are you in my living room entertaining me while on hold for over half hour? No your not. I have had both good and bad experiences with them. More bad then good lately. Nantucket go fuckabucket you queer!! Don't try to speak for others and call us liars! Facts are facts. New jap cameras suck!!

NantucketShedHunter
11-04-2011, 07:34 PM
roadrageror, do not post in this thread again.

roadrageror
11-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Or what? Your gonna type in CAPS!?! Settle down Bucket. Speak for yourself tough guy!

NantucketShedHunter
11-05-2011, 08:55 AM
roadrageror, do not post in this thread anymore. The administrator and moderators here at Cuddeback are ignoring you with good reason. You are embarrassing yourself and everyone around you.

roadrageror
11-05-2011, 12:47 PM
I haven't asked for anything for them to ignore! Your making false claims again Bucket! Get a life!! I have 15 cameras. 13 capture flashes. One capture ir. and one flash Attack. And a cuddeview. I know what I'm Talkin bout Bucketnantuckett.

woodz72
11-06-2011, 10:03 AM
I was having trouble out of a brand new camera that was taking completely red pictures. Called and sat on hold for 30 minutes, finally someone came on and told me they would call me back. 3 weeks later and I still have not recieved a callback.

NantucketShedHunter
11-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Why would you wait three weeks for a call back?

woodz72
11-06-2011, 10:27 AM
I didnt wait 3 weeks they said I would get a call back the next day, that didnt happen. That was 3 weeks ago. Why would they not call back like they said they would for 3 weeks?

NantucketShedHunter
11-06-2011, 10:34 AM
So did you call them back again after you didn't hear from them the next day?
Here's what I did when I had a problem with the SD card slot in my Capture. I packed it up in a box with a note explaining the problem. Two weeks later, I received my camera back, repaired and as good as new. Customer service at Cuddeback is flawless. You just need to know what you are doing, that's all.

woodz72
11-06-2011, 10:57 AM
No I did not call them back it's deer season here and I spend every free moment I can hunting, thats why I came to this site to try to get this taken care of, if this doesnt work and season is over so I have the time to sit on hold again I will call back. I will not mail anything out until I know it will be returned. I always heard good things about cuddebacks, this is the first one I have bought and so far this will be the last. The customer service should do what they say they are going to do and call back or take care of it when I call instead of waiting for a call back. Its a shame this camera has good potential just need some improvements in some trouble areas and decent service to keep thier customers happy with their investment.

rd1man
11-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Finally a response.
Since I was unable to reach non typical inc by phone, I sent a couple of emails explaining my camera problems.
Received a call from them a couple of days ago and was able to return the camera for repair/replacement.
Let's see how things go from here.

NantucketShedHunter
11-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Great! See? A little patience really pays off!

mathewshunter07
11-18-2011, 01:19 PM
I bought 3 new cuddeback captures all at the same time 6 months ago, they have worked great an believe they have the best pictures out there. But 2weeks ago they all started messing up at the same time. 2 of them keep turning off, so i figured bad batteries and i replaced them but still have the same problem. I have to keep taking out the batteries and putting them back in to get them to work but only last for bout 24 hours. The other camera will take pictures but will not accept my sd card. I bought a new card, updated firmware and still nothing. Tried calling cuddeback several times, was told 3 times they would call me back, never did. I hope to get these issues resolved soon

NantucketShedHunter
11-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Pack the cameras in a box with a note explaining the problem and ship them to Cuddeback. They will fix the cameras and return them to you as good as new. I did this and it works very well.

doitnow007
12-12-2011, 12:33 PM
I have called CS at Cuddeback wanting information on FIX-AS-NEW program because both my NO-Flash cameras have taken a dump after 5 years (I don't know how long one of these is supposed to last with about 3 months use a year). I too was on hold for 40-50 minutes being #11 inline and finally was sent to an answering machine. My return call came 3 days later from a woman that could not help me with any questions I had about the Fix program. I was promised a follow up call that NEVER came. I just bought a Detonix and used the cuddes for target practice. All this is true, call me if you want my story in person,240 329 1600
Scott

NantucketShedHunter
12-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Teeze, nobody is believing you here. In the future, do not quote me in any of your posts. As usual, I'm going to just sit back and ignore the rude responses.

nimrodtoo
12-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Hey! Just joined this site to get some info about one of my 4 cudde's. (Only 2 of them are broken). I like these cameras for the most part. Easy to set up, pretty good battery life, decent pictures most of the time. But my comments are more about the title of this thread. Cuddeback better get their act together regarding customer service. It doesn't matter whether or not he service is good. What matters is that people think it is good. There are a lot of places you can go to get the definition of customer service, so I won't rant over that. I will say that I'm on the fence regarding their customer service. I've had a couple of other cudde's fail over the years and both times the only service I could get was to "upgrade" at a cost of whatever it was. So to me, Cuddeback service is to spend another $100 or so to get a newer model that is close to equivalent. That pretty much sucks. If I spend 2 or 3 hundred dollars to buy a camera, I expect it to last. I'm assuming it was built to be used outdoors, in the elements, and will last. Period. I'm not here to bash Cuddeback, but I agree they are loosing the battle...

~Nim

Dutch
12-28-2011, 10:14 PM
"They are losing the battle" would be true if they were the only one with these problems. Plenty of other trail-cams have problems as well. I suppose there might be an exception or 2..but companies usually don't just let you trade-in for a new or even refurbished camera or any other electronic, after the warranty has expired. Unless you've bought some extended warranty from the place of purchase, and even then you have to be careful- read the fine print.

Also keep in mind that many posts around here should be taken with a grain of salt. Or a whole mineral lick ;) Many have been caught making up crapola and/or not being able to post pictures to show they actually have the cams/problems..etc. No, not every cam is working at 100%. See my previous posts about my Attack having problems with videos. I'm waiting until I get mine out of the woods and trying the new firmware update before going through customer service/sending it back.

nimrodtoo
12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
I work in the service industry and am pretty sure I can tell the difference between bashing and real issues. I also ******** flat out contradictions without any basis (there was a lady from ...).
I will agree that Cuddeback is not alone in having issues... but they certainly seem to be struggling with keep their existing customer base happy... that's never a good thing and like I said, it doesn't matter if the service is good or bad, it's what the customer thinks. I'm glad to see they are at least providing firmware updates... that is a relatively new revelation for Cudde. I know because I specifically asked to be able to do so in the past and was flat out told my only option was to send it back.

~Nim

Dutch
12-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Well I've been able to tell the difference as well..pointed out many examples. Then there are the # that I've just asked nicely to post pics to show the problems they're talking about..or just to post pics, period. The crickets took over those many posts/threads. They never came back to post at all.

I think if the other companies would have their own forums everybody would think the same way about them. That they'd seem to be struggling with keeping their customers happy. Besides those that obviously would be having actual problems, you'd get the usual suspects posting about how bad the cam is and customer service is and to go with XYZ brand instead. Now that I think about it...if Cuddeback or any other company's forum would require that folks having problems would actually post pics and/or their serial # or some other way to weed out the troublemakers...

I know in hunting and trail-cam related forums there are problems with every brand. Customer service for many of them as well. But there again...it's sometimes pretty obvious that there are some that are just pushing their own favorite brand..or they actually work for them. Again, there's that "BSK" individual who is on the pro staff of a certain trail cam company..and yet bashes others. Same for his buddies. To this day he is not required to have in his sig that he's on that prostaff. Either at that trail cam forum or at QDMA.(those are the 2 I know about anyway) Gotta wonder what goes behind the scenes sometimes.

bearman69
12-29-2011, 09:04 AM
I really don't understand all the bad feelings here. I run my cameras 24/7,365 days a year. 2 weeks ago I had one of my Captures die on me.I brought it home and call Cuddeback to hear my options,it took about 15mins to get C.S.,after hearing my options I went with the new Attack camera. I didn't think this was bad from the standpoint,they let me trade-in a 4yr. camera that didn't work anymore for a $229.00 model for $150.00+ shipping. I guess that I'm just getting older and a little wiser. I don't expect my cameras to last forever,

shorty
07-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I really don't understand all the bad feelings here. I run my cameras 24/7,365 days a year. 2 weeks ago I had one of my Captures die on me.I brought it home and call Cuddeback to hear my options,it took about 15mins to get C.S.,after hearing my options I went with the new Attack camera. I didn't think this was bad from the standpoint,they let me trade-in a 4yr. camera that didn't work anymore for a $229.00 model for $150.00+ shipping. I guess that I'm just getting older and a little wiser. I don't expect my cameras to last forever,

Hey bearman69 i have two 2006 experts do you think they will give me some trade in on them? they still work when the weather is just rite,and plus i cant find any CF cards anymore!:D

deerhunter308
07-12-2012, 10:53 PM
It cant hurt to try!

bearman69
07-13-2012, 07:22 AM
They might, but why not just keep running them until they give up the ghost? I'm still running 3 Experts right now and I'm still happy with them,good luck.

squidwurd
08-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Just recieved my new Attack via UPS. Upgraded this April due to my Expert giving up the ghost. The Attack's flash was not working after a couple months afield, called support and was able to talk to a human without much delay. Send the broken camera back got a new one back within a week. I have had very posative results from Cuddeback and recommend their products to anyone who asks. Thanks.

bearman69
08-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Sounds great. When you get some pics. post them and good luck with the new camera.

nastukey
08-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Hey bearman69 i have two 2006 experts do you think they will give me some trade in on them? they still work when the weather is just rite,and plus i cant find any CF cards anymore!:D

Just to let you know, I also have an Expert that I love but it started messing up on me just recently. I talked to the people at Cuddeback on Monday July 30th 2012. While the woman on the phone could not give me any help, she did tell me to go to the web page and send an email describing the problem and few of the pictures. I got a return phone call that same day and the girl I spoke to described what she felt was the problem with my camera based on my description and the pics I sent. She told me that while they did not service the Expert anymore they would offer an exchange for any of the new models (Attack Flash, Attack IR, or Ambush) at 50% off plus $10 shipping. Just thought I would let you know.

brian davi
08-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Got my attack ir summer 2011 rite off the bat problems ir night pictures are black in the manual says if the batteries could be low to replace the batteries so i did and put it on guard duty so wouldnt need the irs this spring put new batteries in it put it on the tree 191 pictures 14 are daytime the rest were black im sure the warranty is up but every one i talked to said cudde back was a great camer so i got one i run 4 wild game cameras wich are on the cheap side and i get night picture that atleast show a shadowed image i figured for the prices and the name "cuddeback" i would be getting a nice camera i also have a ******* rc60 which is amasing just wondering what i should do

deerhunter308
08-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Have u tried calling customer service? I wouldnt know what else to do.

BamaTrae
08-10-2012, 09:22 PM
I tried to post this as a thread, but it never showed up. I bought a new Ambush and the battery compartment is defective. See pictures. I called the customer service and spoke to a very nice lady, she said my replacement part would be sent asap, that I would have it the next day, but it's been a week and still no part. I think this company is totally over hyped! I will return this camera and NEVER BUY ANOTHER CUDDEBACK.

NantucketShedHunter
08-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Did you call them again? Maybe your part got lost in shipping.

treedawg
08-11-2012, 05:11 PM
I have had occasion to contact customer service several times and I have been mostly pleased with the results..

td

BamaTrae
08-11-2012, 10:28 PM
Did you call them again? Maybe your part got lost in shipping.

I haven't, I just kept thinking it would be at home after work, but it never was. I plan to call again first thing Monday morning. It still hasn't arrived.

wimedalo
08-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Hey,

I have read some accounts of poor customer service with this company, and was concerned that I may have made a mistake by buying a Cuddeback. I had problem for which I sought help on the extensive self help presence on their web site, but couldn't identify the nature of my problem, contacted customer service by email with the results of my troubleshooting attempts, then called them by phone. Because of the 18 month warranty, I was instructed to return it for service. It costed about $8-10 bucks to ups back to company but it was SO WORTH IT! I got a brand new camera back about a week and a half after sending it!
There may have been a time when service was not so good, but I don't know what more any one could expect from a company. After I made an honest effort to figure it out by their (outstanding) on line diagnostic tools, they TOTALLY fixed me up! I can't say enough about how impressive their web site is- everything from hunting strategy by season to super easy to understand video of how to use the product, to an EXTENSIVE product troubleshooting section. When products are mass produced things can and will go wrong- I understand that. What makes the difference is how the company handles these challenges. I've have competitive cameras that also had trouble for which they fixed me up, but not a replacement camera like Cuddeback did. Cuddeback confirmed my hope that they are a top of the line product backed by a top of the line customer support organization.

Would definitely recommend Cuddeback to a friend.

Bill G
Interlochen, Michigan

nastukey
08-22-2012, 12:18 PM
I have owned Cuddeback cameras since the days of 35mm cameras where you had to develop the film to see what was on the pictures. After purchasing three of the 35mm cameras I tried my hand at the Expert model in 2007. I loved this camera. It took amazing photos and after it started messing up on me I had absolutely no problems with customer service from the people at Cuddeback. I recently had the misfortune of this camera experiencing further problems but since Cuddeback no longer services this model they gave me the option of exchanging it for a new attack at 50% off the regular price. I have read quite a bit of negative feedback regarding the customer service at Cuddeback but it amazes me that myself and many others have never experienced even the slightest problem with them. I have to wonder sometimes if these negative experiences occur not as a result of poor customer service but more from poor customers who have over the top expectations for this particular company. I realize I will probably get some poor comments from some of these same people because of this post but I don't really care. I have no dog in this fight nor any personal connection to this company. I would suggest if you have a problem with these cameras stop buying them. If you think a higher priced camera equals better service go purchase a high priced ******* camera or the like. However you will find that every company out there is going to have some policy or issue that makes you unhappy. Quite frankly I don't think anything you do for a person will ever keep them from having a bitter personality. Have a great day!!!