PDA

View Full Version : Attack vs capture pics

bowmaniac
08-02-2012, 07:49 PM
First three are attack photos and last two are capture. I love the image quality of the capture at night but most of my captures are turning up dead or defective this year so im replacing them with attacks. Im a firm believer in IR cameras because of a couple videos i have from deer seriously over reacting to even the red illumination of the attack shooting video at night. I just wanted to see what everyone else is experiencing. is flash ok where you are or do you see deer reacting to and avoiding your flash cameras?

bowmaniac
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
ok the pictures showed up in a different order then i expected. The pics in the clover field are with the attack and the other two are captures. Side note tho, that clover field is just over 1.5 acres and tilled, planted, and maintained with nothing move then a mid sized atv. So for those out there who think its not possible to have a successful food plot with only light implements the proof is in the puddin!

bearman69
08-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Nice pics. the clover field looks real good. You got some nice bucks there, keep the pics. coming and welcome to the forum.

treedawg
08-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I have observed numerous deer with adverse reactions to the red glow of my Attack IR shooting night video,

I've also seen some deer that didn't seem to mind in the least....

Overall, I have not been pleased with the reactions I've observed.

td

bearman69
08-05-2012, 05:46 AM
I've noticed that over the years that all animals react differently to even my flash cameras at night. Some get spooky by the flash,while others seem not to have a care in the world to the flash. So I guess it's kinda a toss up between a flash or a no flash camera.

deerhunter308
08-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Never really noticed anything negative as far as my Captures flashing. Why does the infrared cams have to have a red light that is exposed anyway?

bowmaniac
08-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks Bearman we worked very hard on that clover field and finally got it where it should be. I have also noticed personalities with some of our older bucks. We had one that you would only get one flash image of in a given area and it would scare him off but he would stick around by a black flash camera all night. Other deer seem to be interested in the white flash and come in close to check it out.

bearman69
08-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Sometimes I think a lot of the deer just think the flash is lightning. Last year we had a tornado rip through the property at 4:45 pm, all my cameras had activity on them up to 4:30 pm, but we had 1 big 8pt up and about at 4:45pm,it was totally dark at that time and the camera had to use the flash on that buck. The funny thing is he seemed to not have a care in the world to what was going on around him. Go figure.

Geterdun
08-23-2012, 08:39 PM
regardless of flash or no flash they do know the camera is there....My attack is flash and during videos during the day they still know its there even though there is no flash happening...and have no problem with the flash bothering them and the pictures are much more nicer!