PDA

View Full Version : SDHC Cards?

sgtmom
09-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I just ordered my first Cuddeback Game Camera and am anxiously waiting for it's arrival later this week. :) I ordered an Attack (flash) this time. I also have 2 IR cameras of another brand.

I have read the Attack manual online and it says that it can take up to a 32 GB SD card. I wanted to purchase either a 4 GB or an 8 GB card as I can get a great deal on them right now, however all of the cards I have seen over 2 GB are SDHC cards. I can find nothing in the manual referring to SDHC cards and am wondering if they will function OK in the new Attack camera.

Thanks for any help on this!

sgtmom
09-23-2011, 03:10 PM
I received my new Attack Flash camera and was hoping for a reply to my question about SDHC cards. Can anyone help? :confused:

NantucketShedHunter
09-23-2011, 03:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that Cuddeback does not recommend SDHC cards in their cameras. I would go with the basic SD cards.

sgtmom
09-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the reply ~ I was a bit confused as they say you can use up to a 32 GB SD card, however all of the SD cards I have seen over 4 GBs have been SDHC cards.

I just put it out with a 2 GB card and am looking forward to seeing what pictures I get!

bearman69
09-26-2011, 04:06 AM
I have been using the SDHC 4 GB cards in my Attack IR since putting it out in the woods in early May with no problems at all. I hope this helps, good luck. bearman

sgtmom
09-26-2011, 08:19 AM
I have been using the SDHC 4 GB cards in my Attack IR since putting it out in the woods in early May with no problems at all. I hope this helps, good luck. bearman

Thanks Bearman! I just bought a twin pack of 4 GB SDHC cards yesterday and I'm going to try one out today. I like to have 2 cards so I can switch out an empty one for the full one when I hike out to the woods. Did you have to download the firmware update to the card before using them?

bearman69
09-26-2011, 06:21 PM
No,I ran the camera from the get go with the sdhc cards. I just installed the firmware update at the start of Sept. The one thing I found when I did the update was it drained my batteries quite a bit so I put fresh batteries in it after installing the up-date. I hope this helps, good luck. bearman ps that's how I run all my cameras with 2 cards, I'm running 8 right now so I mark all my cards so they always go into the same camera every time. good luck

sgtmom
10-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Started using a 4 GB SDHC card in my new Attack flash and it seems to be working well!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/sgtmom52/game%20camera/Cdy00006-1.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/sgtmom52/game%20camera/Cdy00001-1.jpg

bearman69
10-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Glad to hear it. The pics. look great ! good luck in the future. bearman

rd1man
10-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the reply ~ I was a bit confused as they say you can use up to a 32 GB SD card, however all of the SD cards I have seen over 4 GBs have been SDHC cards.

I just put it out with a 2 GB card and am looking forward to seeing what pictures I get!

I have been reading that a 1 gig cards work the best, however a 2 gig will still work.

rd1man
10-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Hey Bearman,
I just bought a few new captures. How do I know if they had the updated firmware?

Thanks