PDA

View Full Version : My Experience With Cuddeback Customer Service

NantucketShedHunter
09-04-2011, 08:48 AM
My all time favorite cam, my Cuddeback Capture, died a couple of months ago after nine months of flawless service.
I feared the worst. I figured that was it for the cam. I was wrong.

I e-mailed Cuddeback asking what my options were. They suggested that I send it in for someone to look at the cam. I packed it up and sent it to their repair facility. 5 days later I received a call from customer service at Cuddeback. My representative was Nicole. She could not have been more helpful or nicer to me. She told me that the SD card slot was broken and they would repair it for $25. I told her to go ahead and put in the work order for me and then send it back.

So my experience with Cuddeback customer service was quick and painless. Nicole was excellent. I will have my Cuddeback Capture back to me in two weeks so I can have it take the excellent pictures it has always taken for me.

NantucketShedHunter
09-08-2011, 08:21 AM
I do not work for Cuddeback. Every commercial trail cam has it's problems. Learn to live with it, folks.

NantucketShedHunter
09-08-2011, 02:19 PM
B COLE has proven my point. I'm done with the kids here. I'll let the moderators of this fine site deal with them. Cuddeback, thank you for having me here. You have great products and run a great company. I couldn't be happier with your cameras and especially your customer service. Namely Nicole. She was extremely helpful and professional when I called the other day.

crazyfarmer
09-08-2011, 04:30 PM
they have been contacting me via email trying to help. Im having issues with 2 of my captures. I have 8 of them and they have always been great. One has a slow sensor and the other is burned out from rust on the board. I think I talked to nicole awhile back when I had issues with one and she fixed that for me. I think most are just upset with the wait when calling. I cant reach a person via phone but they have gotten me number via email so im waiting for them to call me

lachina850
09-08-2011, 11:50 PM
good luck with they call you back how long have you waited???????????????

pj66
09-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I had a No Flash for about 5 years with no problems, then it just stopped working sent it in and upgrader to the Attact IR now nothing put problems. Customer service is just great if you want to purchase something put when there is a problem no where to be found. I sent some images to support a week ago with no response. They must really like you Nantucket.

NantucketShedHunter
09-09-2011, 09:38 PM
I think if everyone has just a little bit of patience and above all shows some decency and respect towards Cuddeback's customer service, they will be pleasantly rewarded.
I have observed some horribly rude people on this fine site. It's quite embarrassing.

FactoryRep7
09-10-2011, 09:59 AM
I had a No Flash for about 5 years with no problems, then it just stopped working sent it in and upgrader to the Attact IR now nothing put problems. Customer service is just great if you want to purchase something put when there is a problem no where to be found. I sent some images to support a week ago with no response. They must really like you Nantucket.

PJ66: A week ago? Ifs that's true shame on us for not getting it resolved quicker. That certainly is not our standard. If you can, please re email images to us this weekend and we will get this resolved by the close of business on Monday. Include PJ66 in the subject line so I can identify you.

pj66
09-11-2011, 07:13 AM
I will email again this afternoon.
Thanks

NantucketShedHunter
09-13-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm very happy to see the administrators and the moderators have finally taken down some posts here on this forum. The rudeness, complete lack of class and improper use of the English language portrayed here by most of the members was appalling to say the least.

Coming here and bashing Cuddeback and their customer service was of no help to anyone whatsoever. It only embarrassed you and everyone around you. It was shameful the rudeness I witnessed here. Shameful. I belong to another trail cam site and the members over there are all extremely professional, grownup and respectful.

If any of you have a problem with a camera you purchased, go through the proper procedure of calling customer service, asking them what to do and that's it. Please don't waste everyone else's time with your rude and improperly spelled comments. It only makes you look crude and lacking any dignity.

NantucketShedHunter
09-14-2011, 07:48 AM
When you treat Cuddeback customer service rudely, what do you expect? If I were Cuddeback customer service, I would ignore you rude people as well. Show some respect and you will get respect. The people here on this site are some of the rudest people I have ever come across.

Face it, trail cameras have their problems every once in a while. Go through the proper procedure and get the cam fixed. Don't come here and embarrass yourself and everyone around you by acting like a child. It's obviously getting you nowhere.

NantucketShedHunter
09-14-2011, 09:55 AM
I didn't name you specifically. Everyone here eventually is rude. I'm tired of it. I didn't come here to listen to a bunch of children and trolls. Cuddeback deserves better than this garbage. People here wonder why Cuddeback doesn't respond. Well, now you know.

stuart
09-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I called my local trail camera dealer to ask him what other brands he carries other than cuddeback cuz mine still doesnt write to the sd card and he took the call while packing up 7 cuddebacks hes sold in the last week to send back. If that dont tell ya something .... nothing will. The product ships out defective and not working and it is impossible to get in touch with customer service. If i treated my customers this way I'd have been out of business long ago.

axeman
09-17-2011, 11:06 AM
If Cuddeback does not take charge of the forum here and get rid of their self appointed defender, holier-than-thou Nantucket, this forum is going to fail. For goodness sake, let this forum function without your brow beating comments. Cuddeback personel should be the only responders to problems/complaints unless a member has the same problem or a specific solution. Members post their problems for input from Cuddeback reps, "hopefully". If Cuddeack feels problems/complaints are unfounded, they should respond. Stop the preaching, you've made your point!

NantucketShedHunter
09-17-2011, 12:37 PM
axeman has proven my point as to why Cuddeback does not answer here. I don't blame them. Why should they?
If you look back in this forum, all questions are answered when the posters are civil and polite with their questions. When they are rude, crude, classless and continually bash Cuddeback, their rants are ignored. If you haven't figured that out by now, then I don't know what to tell you. Keep bashing and you will be ignored. It's as simple as that.

Centre49
09-19-2011, 02:25 AM
First of all, I don't normally spend my time posting on forums and ranting about things, but in this case I had to. Initially I wanted to buy a scouting camera so I could learn more about the deer patterns on the farm I hunt. I read many reviews to figure out which camera I should buy and despite all the negative reviews on cuddebacks and the longevity of their products as well as their lack of a helpful customer service, I went ahead and spent $200 on a cuddeback capture on 12/28/2010. I used it approximately 4 times with each time being about a week in duration. I'm currently in college so $200 dollars to me is like 10 grand so most people. I treated my camera like gold. After 8 months my camera failed so I called customer service. After at least 20 minutes of wait each time I spoke with someone who was albeit nice but never really helpful with me solving my problem without me paying more money. So I talked directly to the manager. I sent my unit in and they concluded that my unit had water damage or battery acid leakage and that they "tested" it and it was not due to a product malfunction. I told them when I sent it in that after a rain the unit had a lot of moisture in it. I always made sure the door on the unit was tight and that the unit was taken care of as best as I could. They said it was my fault and that I could pay 75$ for a new unit, when the first one failed after 8 months! So they expect me to invest more money on a product that will probably fail in the next year too! Basically what I gathered out of the whole ordeal is that cuddeback does not stand behind their products but only cares about the bottom dollar. If the camera isn't rated for inclement weather (aka the outdoors) then what is the point of it? To set it inside my house and watch people walk around? I am very disappointed with cuddeback and will not buy another product. In fact I will try to persuade anyone who considers buying a cuddeback against it.